Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Little Bun #2 (Part 1)


So here we go again... Little bun is going to be a big brother (yup yup!!). Somehow I have gone from what doctors classify as 'sub-fertile' to being very fertile after giving birth to little bun. According to Dr Anu, when I was expecting little bun, he must have 'fixed' a few things inside! HAHAHA... he is my little 'handyman'!! While Mark and I were absolutely stunned by the discovery, we are nonetheless stoked and uber pleased that little bun is going to have a sibling to grow up with. 

How did I make this discovery? It started with some weird symptoms which I never had while expecting little bun... symptoms like sudden episodes of dizziness (which is still on-going), retching, things started to taste strange... Initially I put it down to a case of stomach flu (and my company doctor actually diagnosed my dizzy spells to 'vertigo' (???!!). The company doctor gave me a cocktail of drugs and I guess my instinct must have kicked in, so I decided to take a home pregnancy test before I started popping any pills into my mouth. Viola!! 2 clear lines appeared.. Sent Mark out to buy another kit cos it seemed rather absurd and unbelievable.. He bought a digital one and the words 'Pregnant' appeared. 

I have learnt a few very important medical facts through this:

  1. The old wives tale of it being almost 'impossible' to get pregnant while one is breastfeeding is NOT true.  
  2. You can get pregnant even if you have not had a single period after your last pregnancy.
  3. Women with PCOS can conceive naturally.

Still find it rather hard to comprehend how we (freaking) long and how (absurdly) much money we poured into fertility treatments before we finally had little bun, and now this baby (whom I shall name **drumroll** 'little bun #2' henceforth) came so naturally and easily!!  

Anyhow we aren't going to take this for granted and we have started on the usual routine of weekly scans and check-ups once we found out. Dr Anu was just as surprised as we were when we went to see her but she thinks that from a medical perspective, is a good thing to have the 2 babies so close together.  



No comments: