Monday, June 18, 2012

Little Bun is 8 Months Old!!




Champion turns 8 months old today!!! Little bun has reached all his developmental milestones right on cue and he's recently started crawling. Mark and I are also suspecting that he may be teething very soon (excess drooling, restlessness at night, etc). It's a joy to see his little diapered-bum raised high in the air while he is trying to co-ordinate himself and move forward (backwards sometimes).

His newly-acquired crawling skills is making us busier than usual because it means that we cannot leave him unattended anymore. 2 days ago, little bun almost crawled himself off our bed. I managed to grab onto his thigh in the nick of time. That was a really close shave cos our bed is higher than usual as we have a thicker mattress (getting a thick mattress seemed like a good thing when we first bought it, but now I wish we had gotten something 'normal'). I'd have hated myself if little bun fell off the bed right under my nose (and Mark would have given me hell)!

In other news, we have started little bun on formula milk about 2 weeks ago and while it took a while for him to like this new taste, he's now doing a lot better and accepting it more readily. Currently we are still mixing it. We started off with 10% formula; 90% breastmilk, and we are now at 50% formula; 50% breastmilk. I'd have loved to be able to continue giving him breastmilk till he is 1 year old, but alas... having a job means I don't have the luxury of expressing the breastmilk 2 times a day while I am in the office. Supplies have also diminished because I am not expressing as often as I'd like to. **sigh** 8 months is nowhere near my target of 1 year, but my only consolation is I managed to meet the minimum target that I have set at 6 months.


No comments: