Monday, July 9, 2012

Bruised Bun


My poor little bun launched himself off our bed yesterday. Mark and I take the full blame and responsibility for it cos we have been careless and complacent.. we really should have been more careful since little bun had started crawling with gusto. My fearless little warrior had only learnt to pull himself to a standing position a week ago but he's already been trying to let go of his support already.. How can I teach him to take it slow and easy?

Mark and I REALLY have to keep BOTH eyes on him from now on.

Fortunately his 'battle scar' from the fall wasn't as bad as I'd feared. He seemed to have visible bruises on his nose (yes, nose.. I don't know why). I'd have thought he'd get a bump on his forehead but nope... forehead looks fine. Anyway, being the paraniod parents that we are, we took him to the hospital to have him checked by the professionals.. what's a bit of money for a peace of mind right?

Considering the height of our bed (we have a 16' mattress plus a equally high, if not higher, bed frame), we were extremely lucky that little bun's injuries are very mild and superficial. Definitely a lesson learnt.

These were taken while we were on our way to the hospital. (It still didn't look bad at that time.. this morning the redness has darkened and looks a lot worse but it's still a surface wound so I'm not complaining). It doesn't seem to be bothering him much, which is a good sign.. but oh.. my heart hurts everytime I see my little 'Rudolph'.




And this is the project that Mark and I embarked on once we got home... lay the floor with padding (only halfway through here).. 



No comments: