Friday, August 20, 2010


I am upset and affected by something that I read in the papers... I was cautioned by Mark and a friend against reading it because I guess they know how it'd get to me. However, as it was 'dog-related', I knew just had to read it. True enough, it stoked the anger in me (coupled with the fact that I had a very yucky week and a super yucky day).

Some sick in the head cesspit actually hurled a Pomeranian on the floor at least 10 times over a period of 10 minutes. The report went on to say that the dog's face was soaked in blood and it's lifeless body was abandoned at the scene of the crime. What makes me even sicker is that this inhumane act of cruelty was witnessed by some people, who obviously chose to do condone the act and nothing to stop perpetrator. Perhaps they think that 'it's just a dog', perhaps they didn't want to be seen as nosey parkers, perhaps they just cannot be bothered cos it is not their dog... perhaps if someone had done something, the poor dog may still be alive.

I have always been rather proud that Singapore has now grown from a developing country into a developed country, but this incident really got me wondering just how 'developed' we really are.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress
can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
- Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: