Thursday, August 29, 2013

Melbourne 2013 - Day 2


We woke up to yet another glorious day!! I love it that our apartment is just across the road from Flagstaff Gardens and there is a big kiddy playground there!



  • We went to Chinatown to a restaurant that we used to frequent for dim sum. Disappointingly, the food standard has dropped and nothing like before. The only highlight of that brunch was the performance (below) put up by little bun. He was actually singing at the top of his voice mimicking Princess Fiona in Shrek!



  • Took a walk along Bourke Street and much of it has remained unchanged... I love the sound of the trams going by!




  



  • Walked pass this building where some of my undergrad classes were conducted 15 long years ago. During the days when Mark was courting me, he used to wait for me at the entrance of the building after my classes and walk me back to the hostel! Truly miss those days..



  • Against my protests, Mark insisted on getting a stroller from Target. He claims that we can use it for the duration of our stay there and we can choose to lug it back home or give it away. Not that it is expensive, but I know that it'd be a pointless purchase. For the record, we used it a grand total of TWO times. It ended up more of a hassle cos little bun refused to sit in it and I had to push an empty stroller around town amid curious stares from passersby. Duh!! Below photos were taken straight after we bought the stroller and were walking back to our apartment where the bun was worn out and promptly dozed off. **I discovered one thing about the stroller.. it doesn't come with power steering and suspension.**




  • Later in the day, we caught up with friends for tea followed by a visit to their house and then dinner. Their little boy (CK) is 4 months younger than little bun but he's a hefty boy!! I love playing with little CK and his cries for "More!!" when he wants more food! 





No comments: