Tuesday, March 5, 2013



I am scheduled to have the cervical stitch removed this coming Wednesday morning. This time round the stitch lasted a whole lot longer than it did the previous time. Previously I had it for around 6 weeks before my body began to react to the 'foreign' object whereas this time, it lasted a good 12 weeks!! Chances are that once Dr Anu removes the stitch on Wed, it'd trigger some contractions, which is an expected side effect of the removal. More importantly, little bun #2 may decide to made a grand entrance anytime after that. 

At this stage, I guess it is ok for little bun #2 to come. Dr Anu is very happy with how far along we have come but it'd be nice if little bun #2 stays inside me for a wee bit longer. (I have also started my maternity leave this week so it'd be nice if I can spend some quality time alone with little bun before the new arrival joins our family). 

I am a little scared of the stitch removal procedure.  From my memory, it was a lot worse than the procedure to put it in because it was done while you are fully conscious AND without any anaesthetic. Ewwwwww... ok come what may.. I have done it once before so I am sure I can do it again (I think??). 

No comments: