Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"A smile takes but a moment, but the memory of it lasts forever"


Little bun is 8 weeks old today!!

To 'mark the occasion', he bestowed on me his first real smile this morning - a gummy, pink grin! According to literature, babies can only really start interacting at around 7-8 weeks old. Any 'smiles' before this is largely a reflex (much like sucking or crying) or caused by stomach gas. He was in an unusually good mood this morning after waking up and the both of us spent close to 45 minutes 'playing' and bonding. Mummy and son time!!

I've noticed that in the past 2 days, he'd become more aware of his surroundings and is reacting more to us when we talk/sing to him. He'd gaze at us and/or babble cute baby noises. He had also discovered his new favourite sleeping spot, i.e. on my chest as I recline in bed or on the couch with his head tucked under my chin. What a great feeling it is to feel his little body rise and fall in tune to his breathing, and that position allows me to sniff his head for that unique baby scent which I adore.

No comments: