Wednesday, October 29, 2014


Yup... School excursion AGAIN!!! Have lost count how many excursions he'd gone to ever since we sent him to school in January this year.. kids these days are SO lucky!

This time the school brought them to a fish farm (I think mainly aquarium fish).. and then horror of all horrors!! Each kid got to bring home a small tank with 5 or 6 guppy-like fishes (no idea what they are). I totally was not expecting this, and do not condone it. From the educational point of view, I don't think giving 3 year old kids live pets is a good idea at all. It is not good to give anything that is alive as gifts!! NOT that they know how to care for the fishes (except how little bun over zealously tries to overfeed them). From the point of view of a nervous parent, how am I supposed to explain to my kid when the fishes die?!! Grrrr... I am sure it was done with no ill intent, but someone clearly wasn't thinking.  

Anyway, little bun was pretty excited about his new pets and I think he's named ALL of them 'Dorothy' (after Elmo's fish). 




No comments: