Friday, June 13, 2014

Little Bun #2 is 15 Months Old!!


Yet another month gone by.. my 'baby' is now 15 months old. Den-den now has 8 little teeth, still not much hair (oops!) and he is picking up new words almost daily. Some of the words he knows now are:-
Papa, mama, kor kor (big brother), ah ma (grandma), star, moon, yi-zard (lizard actually), iPad, XBox (those 2 are courtesy of Mark), car, bus, milk, dog, bird, ball, no... errr... the list goes on. 

He's got this little quirk that I don't recall I have ever blogged about. He still sleeps with me and when he is drifting of to lala-land, he loves to fondle my thumbs. Both sides. He will gently rub his fingers/ hands against my thumbs until he dozes off, and when he stirs in the middle of the night, all I need to do is present him my thumb/s and he will happily drift back to dreamland. However, my biggest dilemma now is very soon, he won't be able to sleep with me any longer, and I need to wean him off this habit. Breaks my heart, but it's got to be done. For now, I am still enjoying every night with him safely cuddled in the crook of my arm.

I always feel bad that we don't seem to pay as much attention to him as we did with little bun.. but maybe because our approach is more laid back with him, he's turned out to be more independent, easy-going and well-rounded than his kor kor (who is by far the more dramatic, needy and spoiled one). Their characters cannot be more any more different. Mark and I recently had this funny conversation inspired by a Hong Kong drama serial that I was watching. In a gist, we joked that if Mark were a Chinese emperor and had to choose a Crown Prince, we both know who he should NOT pick. Hehehe...

Happy 15th Month to our darling Den-den.. Love you so much for you simply being you. You are such a sweet and loving little boy.. always cheerful (even when you are running a high fever and clearly feeling uncomfortable) and happy-go-lucky. We strike the baby jackpot when you came into our lives. 







No comments: