Wednesday, November 7, 2012


Look who has just learnt how to drink using a straw!! 

I know of many parents who 'train' their kids to drink using straws before they turn one, but I figured it didn't matter to me/little bun whatever age he acquires this skill. Hence, I wasn't overly concerned or conscientious about it and treated it like a 'game'. Usually, he was more interested on chewing on the straw.. I guess he was still unable to figure out what the long, plastic thing is for. 

Out of the blue on Sunday morning when we were all out for brekkie, I asked Mark to try giving him some water using the straw, and all of a sudden it was like 'eureka' for him and he just figured it out! He had this look of wonderment and amusement on his face when he sucked his first mouthful of water from the straw.. hehehe! From that moment on, there was no stopping him. I think he drank twice his normal daily intake of water because he was fascinated with this new-found discovery.





No comments: