Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Treasure Chests -- Part I


Finally bought all the necessary things that I need to create my 'Lucas's Treasure Chest' and 'Chloe's Treasure Chest'.

After I lost Lucas last year, I put all his things into a little rattan basket... the things include the positive home pregnancy kit, a pair of blue mittens that a friend gave me to drop 'hints' to Mark before he found out I was pregnant, photos of all the scans taken of him, bills and medical records, cards that I received after I lost him, a poem, etc... So now, I want to do the same for Chloe too, and I decided to let them have 'matching' boxes (or 'Treasure Chest' as I'd rather call it cos it sounds more precious/ important than 'box'), other than the fact that the decoration on Lucas's Treasure Chest will be boyish blue and Chloe's will be a girly pink.


I hope I can find the strength and courage to gather Chloe's things and put them into the Treasure Chest because it's like opening up a wound that's barely been healed. When I found out I was pregnant with Chloe, I took close to 8-10 home pregnancy tests over a period of 1 week because I could not believe the results... so bringing out those kits will bring back a lot of memories.. and I also have pictures of the scans which were taken at 12 weeks and 20 weeks... of course there are also pieces of the clothings that I bought for her (other than the 5 pieces that were creamated along with her, there are still a couple of others still hanging in the wardrobe)... oh and I also got her some pretty, pink bibs so it'd go into the treasure chest as well... and lastly of course are the medical records and bills, as well as the cards that I received after we lost her.

Please let me find the courage to do this...

No comments: