Friday, January 29, 2010

Hello Princess...


For once, I know the true meaning of TGIF. Ever since Monday, all my days have been filled with meetings and entertaining from 8am to 11pm. It has worn me out both mentally and physically, and I am looking forward to the weekend to do some retail therapy and to spend time with my dear husband, who's been keeping late nights with me this whole week and chauffering me around.

Last night Mark's company had their annual D&D and although I'd much prefer to stay at home and have an early night, I agreed to accompany him because that's the least I could do for him. Moreover Mark has only been with this company for slightly over a month and they have asked him to be the emcee, so I thought I should be there to give him some moral support.

The food was delicious, the people were friendly, the place was nice and the band was good... I did enjoy myself. Just as we were preparing to leave, a few of Mark's colleagues came over and chatted with him, and at this time, the band started playing Chloe's song. Mark turned around and gave me an incredulous look... Yup, of all songs they had to pick 'that' one, and if we hadn't been delayed, we'd already have left and missed it. Mark told me that it is all predestined and it was his princess letting him know that she was there with us last night.

The walls started closing in and the air got so stuffy... I couldn't breathe and I cannot control my tears no matter how hard I tried... Oh God, I miss her so much that the pain is excruciating.


If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then
Til I see you again
I'll be loving you
Love, Me.


No comments: