Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IVIG (#3)


My worry came true... yesterday wasn't my last IVIG treatment. The doctor said that my body seems to be reacting and adapting to the medication well to be on the safe side, she'd want me to continue with it for at least 2 more rounds till the stage where the pregnancy will be viable. I was told by the doctor that most of her patients continue to do it until their 7th month of pregnancy.

While I was there, there was another pregnant lady there undergoing IVIG too. Her pregnancy is much further along (around 6 months plus, I think) and I overheard her conversation with the nurse that she only needs to undergo another one IVIG at the end of June.

During the 4.5 hours I was there, my parents paid me a surprise visit. They too were at the hospital for their own respective check-ups and after theirs was done, they came to see me. I think my mom was shocked when she saw me with the IV tubes. I did tell her previously about IVIG, but didn't let her know it was done through IV infusions as I didn't want her to worry. I could see the concern and panic on her face. I made them leave after a short time cos mom was begining to bombard me with questions.

As the IVIG lasted through lunch, I was prepared to have a late lunch after it was completed. The Senior Staff Nurse gave me a huge surprise by buying me my favourite noodles for lunch (in the morning while we were chatting casually, I mentioned to her my favourite stall at the hospital food court). It touched me greatly. I plan to bring over afternoon tea for her and her nurses one of these days.

I initially wanted to do the Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) this morning, but as it was raining, I decided to postpone it till tomorrow. Hopefully it is a false alarm and everything will turn out fine.

No comments: